First and foremost, I want to pass along a heartfelt and sincere THANK YOU for your help making the 2020-2021 school year a success. In the face of some very difficult circumstances, our students and staff have handled the demands of a worldwide pandemic with grace, grit, and determination. For this, I am tremendously grateful and proud! They are all champions!
Below are a few important notes as we close out the year:
- The last day of the 2020-21 school year is Wednesday, May 26th.
- Chromebook collection will take place on Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th. Student devices will be turned in, tagged, and placed in bags. Students will receive the same device at the start of the 2021-22 school year. Students will be responsible for any damages when they turn in their Chromebooks next week. Students DO NOT need to turn in Chromebook chargers. They should be kept for use next year.
- Awards Day will be held on Wednesday, May 26th beginning at 9:00AM. We will allow limited attendance for the parents/guardians of grade 5 students. Each 5th grade student will be permitted to have TWO (2) guests at the program. Guests must preregister using the below Google form prior to 3:00PM on Tuesday, May 25th. All guests will be given assigned seats and asked to mask and maintain social distancing before, during, and after the program.
- Awards Day Program 5th Grade Parent/Guardian Preregistration Link:
- For parents of students in grade 3 & 4 and for those unable to attend, the program will be broadcast live on Facebook. Visit the Willard Facebook page the morning of the program to tune in.
- Unfortunately, the Willard yearbook will not be available for students prior to the end of the 2020-21 school year due to delays in production. As soon as we have yearbooks in hand, we will work on getting them to students. This may be at the start of the 2021-22 school year.
- Field Day will take place on Friday, May 21st. Students may bring money for a Kona Ice snow cone.
- All library books should be returned by the end of the school year. Students will be charged for any lost or damaged books.
- The IREAD3 retest, for those students involved. will take place on Wednesday, June 2nd. The practice test will take place on Tuesday, June 1st.
- The incentive trip to Kings Island for those 5th grade students who have achieved 300 total points in grades 3-5 will be Monday, June 7th. Grade 6 students who achieved this honor last year but were unable to attend will be invited as well.
- The first student day of the 2021-22 school year will be Wednesday, August 11th. At this time, we plan to return to our former start and end times.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE WILLARD A SPECIAL PLACE FOR OUR STUDENTS!
Mr. Duncan :)